Friday, March 18, 2016

Gerard Cosmetics - Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks





They're here! I know that I posted a few days ago (um... a week or so) that I got some liquid lipsticks. Gerard Cosmetics was having a 40% off sale for their 40yr anniversary. So... I bought six of them. The line is called Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks. There are 9 shades in total Ivasion, Aphrodite, Seerenity, Iced Mocha, Immortal, Ruby Slipper, Cher, Gravity, and Ecstacy. The packaging is really cute with a fogged-glass bottle and gold lid. I love the fogged glass look, it lets me see the color and it's slightly defused.




Below is my review and thoughts on each of the six that I bought.


  Ivasion -

This is a purple, mauve, gray, almost dusty plum look. I love this color like crazy! I was worried when I first opened the bottle because it was a very grayish/brown look, but once I put it on my lips I was in HEAVEN. It went on very smoothly and was easy to over-line (if you are into that, which I am) and still looked like your lips. I wore this one all day and only had to touch up after lunch. It did not transfer to my hand with the kiss test so that is awesome! HIGHLY recommend this liquid lipstick line.

 

Aphrodite -


This is an almost creamy orange soda color. It might look different on other skin tones, but it was very orange cream soda. I like it but as far as for my I am not a like orange kinda gal. It lasted just as long as Invasion. It applied a little more liquidy and was a little hard to get the lines nice and crisp, but dried equally as fast. Would look awesome on warmer skin tones ore someone even paler than me (if there is anyone that white ;) )


Serenity -

This a very BEAUTIFUL mauve pink color. Honestly I have been drawn to this type of color since I first bought a lip gloss at 14. Let's just say I will be wearing this one VERY often. It dried down so good and wasn't sticky at all. I seriously was dying for this color. I think I checked myself out like 10 times before I was willing to wipe it off. Definitely a keeper.


Iced Mocha -


This one won't be everyone's cup of tea, but its GORGEOUS!!! When I was looking at this one on Instagram and their website it looked almost purple to me but when I received it and tried it on it wasn't at all. Just know that in some pictures and on some skin types it comes off different, which is like your own personal color. It is a cool brown color. Very flattering and looks stunning! I really enjoyed this one. I probably wont wear it super often as there is always a time and a place for certain lip colors. (I am NEVER gonna follow that rule haha wear it when you want) This I would say would look best with a simple eye look because it is quite a stand out color.


Immortal -

This is a beautiful true red. It made my teeth look so white. I remember while I was putting it on just talking to myself saying, "Oh man this is awesome. DANG i am gonna be wearing this EVERYDAY!!" My babies (dogs) thought it looked fantastic too, as they generously wagged their tails at my exclamations. (I'm sure they thought I was talking to them) But it really did look so good. I fell in love the second I pulled the wand out of the bottle. Ruby Slipper -

This is a very beautiful maroon red with a little bit of sparkle in it. It was by far the hardest to apply simply because it is such a deep color. I had to apply a few layers to get an even coat. Remember this is gonna be common in deeper tones lipsticks. I loved it still. It was so vampy and sexy. I wore this the rest of the night and when I finally had to take it off it took a little effort it is very long lasting. Over all this line is awesome and I can't wait to get the other colors. They are super long lasting and transfer proof and trust me I at, drank, chewed gum, smiled, laughed, and all sorts of crazy things and they lasted amazingly.

ECKObeauty, because beauty repeats itsself in your actions, your words, and your deeds.


Don't forget to follow me on all my social media sites. (links are in the side bar)

Instagram - ECKObeauty
Twitter - ECKObeauty @makeupbyelenamua
Facebook - ECObeauty


1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty! Makes me want to try one but I wouldn't be as bold as you are :)

    ReplyDelete