Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Drug Store Brushes - Real Techniques Bold Metals - 1 of 5

Hey everyone! I was thinking the other day, and with a little suggestion from a friend, that it's not so easy to go into the drug store and just pick up some makeup brushes. This is especially true when you don't know which brush does what. So over the next week I will write a review of a few brands that I LOVE from the drug store and include some instruction on how to use each brush.

I have had my fair share of not so amazing drug store brushes. While I still keep them in my collection (mostly to use in other fun ways) I don't use them on a regular basis. I do have my top five faves and they pretty much rock. Here is my number ONE drug store brand.

Real Techniques: Bold Metals Brush Collection


This set is probably the most expensive of the five collections, but I really am so in love with the quality of work you can do with them. These are amazing! I have always loved Real Techniques, but when they came out with these I was ecstatic. They have a total of 7 brushes in the original set and a few extra limited edition sets that have come out. I'm sure there will be more/hoping they will have more coming out. Each of the brushes have white bristles. This helps you realize exactly how much product is on your brush. That makes it easy to know if you are over loading or not so you don't get a muddy look. They are a beautiful mix of silver, rose gold, and gold handled brushes. They are interestingly shaped, they have a squared base which is awesome! They don't roll off the table and that is always a good thing. I hate having to dive after a brush as it rolls off my makeup table. They also taper off to a point at the bottom making them so easy to fit right into your hand. Honestly my favorite brushes EVER! I do however wish they had a bigger fluffy blending brush and a smaller shadow brush, but other than that I love them.

Let's go through the brushes

- 202 Angled Liner Brush: $15.99



This is probably the smallest angled brush I have used to date. It is perfect for brows and getting that perfect defined look. It is also awesome with Gel liners and sharp edges.






- 201 Pointed Crease Brush: $15.99

This brush is great for the crease for more of a cut crease look. It is a bit stiff but works great with a light touch. It is a pretty big brush so be careful with placement. I love this also for my brow bone highlight or even a nice straight nose highlight (yes I like to highlight my tiny nose)





- 203 Tapered Shadow Brush: $15.99

This is my FAVORITE brush. It the MOST fantastic little blending brush. It literally does all the work for you making any color amazingly easy to blend out and get that blown out look. I think I own like 6 of these brushes alone, where as I only have 1-2 of all the other brushes. It has the perfect shaped that fits right into your crease area. This is by far the WINNER of this collection!




- 200 Oval Shadow Brush: $15.99

This brush is so big and fluffy. This is my second favorite in the collection. It does such a good job of packing on lid colors. The fact that it is so fluffy makes it very easy to blend with it as well.







- 300 Tapered Blush Brush: $23.99

This is a sweet little blush brush. I love the tapered effect which helps you blend out blush easily. It also has been my go to highlight brush.







- 100 Arched Powder Brush: $25.99

At first I didn't know if I liked this brush simply because of the shape compared to my other powder brushes. It is not as round as the other brushes it's basically a bigger version of the blush brush just with more movement. I LOVE using this for my bronzer it gives this wonderful sun kissed look with such ease. I need to buy more of this brush.




- 301 Flat Contour Brush: $25.99

This has a very similar look to over contour brushes that have come out recently. It fits perfectly into the contours of your face making that chiseled look so simple to achieve that anyone can do it. Also great for a nose contour if you use the sides of the brush.






- 101 Triangle Foundation Brush: $23.99

This brush is most likely my least favorite of the bunch. I am not a foundation brush type of girl I love a good kabuki brush or beauty blender for my foundation, but if you regularly use a foundation brush this is a good brush. I feel it is a little hard to use but I am not the best judge of that.





There are a few more brushes in the collection and they also have gift collections that have come out, but I haven't bought those yet (key work YET).

My overall thoughts are that if you need a good set of brushes to start off with these would be my FAVORITE. They are definitely beginner friendly.

As always follow me on my social media accounts linked in the side bar

ECKObeauty, because beauty repeats itself in action, in words, and in deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment